* *Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
* Prices incl. VAT, customs duties and handling charges plus shipping costs
Ready to ship
- Varietal(s): Schiava
- Age of vines: 20 – 50 years
- Temperature: 13 – 15 °C
- Age-ability: 2022 – 2024
- Yield: 85 hl/ha
- Vine training: Pergola
- Alcohol: 12,5 %
- Residual sugar: 2,0 g/l
- Tot. Acidity: 4,8 g/l
- Contains sulphites
The Kalterersee for us is both reference and identification point: Firstly, there is a large part of our vineyards around the lake, which bear, just as our winery, the name of the village Caldaro. On the other hand also the wine, that is produced from the Vernatsch grapes from the vineyards around the lake, is called „Kalterersee“.
In many respects 2021 was a demanding and challenging wine growing year. The winter months were mainly sunny but very cold. In spring the temperature was slow to rise, and that delayed the vegetative development of the vines. This was only partly compensated by the warm and sunny start to the summer, while the weather in July and August was very varied. The grape harvest accordingly began relatively late, on September 9. The wet September was an organizational problem for our wine growers, but ultimately a very good harvest was completed on October 26.
– light cherry red
– dominant fruit tones of cherry and raspberry, with a touch of bitter almonds
– voluminous, very soft on the palate, pure drinking pleasure
This wine is ideal as an aperitif, an accompaniment to appetizers, or to typical Tyrolean fare such as speck and sausage, but also to lighter meats and mild cheeses.
A one week fermentation on the skins with a controlled temperature of 24°C, malo-lactic fermentation and a four-month aging on the fine lees in stainless steel and large casks.
South and east facing slopes between 230 and 450 meters above sea level. Loamy, limestone gravel, with a small proportion of sand.
- Vernatsch Cup - 2019: Vernatsch des Jahres in der Kategorie Klassik
- Berebene del Gambero Rosso - 2012, 2013, 2014, 2019, 2020: Oscar Qualità Prezzo