* *Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
* Prices incl. VAT, customs duties and handling charges plus shipping costs
Ready to ship
- Varietal(s): Lagrein
- Age of vines: 5 – 25 years
- Temperature: 16 – 18 °C
- Age-ability: 2022 – 2025
- Yield: 70 hl/ha
- Vine training: Wire-trained + Pergola
- Alcohol: 13,0 %
- Residual sugar: 1,5 g/l
- Tot. Acidity: 5,6 g/l
- Contains sulphites
Lagrein is one of the three indigenous varieties in Alto Adige. He is related to the Teroldego and Syrah. Typical for this species are the dark red color and fruity berry flavors that are paired with spicy-resinous notes of chocolate, tobacco and forest floor.
In many respects 2021 was a demanding and challenging wine growing year. The winter months were mainly sunny but very cold. In spring the temperature was slow to rise, and that delayed the vegetative development of the vines. This was only partly compensated by the warm and sunny start to the summer, while the weather in July and August was very varied. The grape harvest accordingly began relatively late, on September 9. The wet September was an organizational problem for our wine growers, but ultimately a very good harvest was completed on October 26.
– dark, deep red
– ripe fruit aromas of plums and blackberries, notes of chocolate and coffee
– voluminous and powerful; soft, balanced tannins, lingering finish
This wine is best paired with game, darker meats and hard cheeses.
Fermentation on the skins at 28 °C with an extended maceration of ten days, malolactic fermentation followed by a 4-month ageing in concrete cask, large oak casks (75hl) and 15% in barrique.
South- and east-facing slopes around at an altitude of 230 – 350 meters above sea level. Loamy, chalky gravel with a low proportion of sand.
- Wine & Spirits - 2007, 2010, 2012: Best Buy
- Vinibuoni D'Italia - 2010: 3 Sterne