* *Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
* Prices incl. VAT, customs duties and handling charges plus shipping costs
Ready to ship
- Varietal(s): Chardonnay
- Age of vines: 5 – 30 years
- Temperature: 10 – 12 °C
- Age-ability: 2022 – 2024
- Yield: 70 hl/ha
- Vine training: Wire-trained + Pergola
- Alcohol: 13,5 %
- Residual sugar: 2,5 g/l
- Tot. Acidity: 6,4 g/l
- Contains sulphites
For a long time, no distinction was made between the grape varieties Pinot Bianco and Chardonnay, as the differences are difficult for the eye to detect. Chardonnay has been cultivated in Alto Adige for about 150 years and is now one of the leading white wine varieties.
In many respects 2021 was a demanding and challenging wine growing year. The winter months were mainly sunny but very cold. In spring the temperature was slow to rise, and that delayed the vegetative development of the vines. This was only partly compensated by the warm and sunny start to the summer, while the weather in July and August was very varied. The grape harvest accordingly began relatively late, on September 9. The wet September was an organizational problem for our wine growers, but ultimately a very good harvest was completed on October 26.
– brilliant yellow
– fruit-dominated aromas of banana and ripe pears - minerally
Our Chardonnay can be enjoyed as an aperitif, or with appetizers and fish.
Whole-cluster pressing of ripe, healthy grapes, fermentation at a temperature of 18°C, 3-month ageing on the fine lees in stainless steel.
Steep, sloping south- and east-facing vineyards at 350 – 450 meters above sea level. Loamy, chalky gravel, heat-retaining and well-drained
- Japan Wine Challenge - 2019: Silver Medal
- Sakura Japan Women's Wine Awards - 2015: Double-Gold
- International Wine Challange - 2013: Silver Medal