* *Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
* Prices incl. VAT, customs duties and handling charges plus shipping costs
Ready to ship
- Varietal(s): Sauvignon Blanc
- Age of vines: 6 – 21 years
- Temperature: 10 – 12 °C
- Age-ability: 2022 – 2025
- Yield: 70 hl hl/ha
- Vine training: Wire-trained + Pergola
- Alcohol: 13,0 %
- Residual sugar: 2,5 g/l
- Tot. Acidity: 6,2 g/l
- Contains sulphites
Sauvignon Blanc was introduced to Alto Adige together with Sémillon at the end of the 19th century and - unlike Sémillon - has since become firmly established in the region.
In many respects 2021 was a demanding and challenging wine growing year. The winter months were mainly sunny but very cold. In spring the temperature was slow to rise, and that delayed the vegetative development of the vines. This was only partly compensated by the warm and sunny start to the summer, while the weather in July and August was very varied. The grape harvest accordingly began relatively late, on September 9. The wet September was an organizational problem for our wine growers, but ultimately a very good harvest was completed on October 26.
– light straw yellow
– vibrant freshness of elderberry and gooseberry, hints of exotic fruits
– clear and juicy palate of fruit, then mineral and crisp, the lingering is a dream of a fruit orchard
Spring vegetables like asparagus and artichokes- the Sauvignon citrusy works very well with these two, quite, tricky dishes. Smashing with steamed mussels.
Destemming of late-harvested, but still perfectly sound grapes; 8-hour cold maceration, after which the grapes were pressed and underwent natural clarification; fermentation at a controlled temperature of 16°C; 4-month ageing on the fine lees in stainless steel.
South- and east-sloping vineyards at an altitude of 300 – 450 meters above sea level. Loamy, chalky gravel, heat-retaining and well-drained soils.
- Robert Parker - 2019: 90 p., 2020: 92 p.
- James Suckling - 2016: 91 p., 2017: 90 p., 2020: 92 p., 2021 90 p.,
- Wine Enthusiast - 2019: 91 p. - Editor's Choice,
- Concours Mondial du Sauvignon - 2019: Gold
- Japan Wine Challenge - 2019: Gold Medal, 2020: Gold Medal
- Sakura Japan Women's Wine Awards - 2020: GOLD
- Wine Surf - 2016: Vino Top