* *Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
* Prices incl. VAT, customs duties and handling charges plus shipping costs
Ready to ship
- Varietal(s): Gewürztraminer
- Age of vines: 6 – 21 years
- Temperature: 11 – 13 °C
- Age-ability: 2022 – 2025
- Yield: 60 hl/ha
- Vine training: Wire-trained + Pergola
- Alcohol: 14,0 %
- Residual sugar: 5,4 g/l
- Tot. Acidity: 5,5 g/l
- Contains sulphites
The name Gewürztraminer derives from Caldaro’s neighboring village Termeno (Tramin in German), where the variety can be traced back in historical documents to the 14th century. Whether the variety really comes from Termeno is questionable, but there is no doubt that it has a very long tradition in Alto Adige and produces excellent wines.
In many respects 2021 was a demanding and challenging wine growing year. The winter months were mainly sunny but very cold. In spring the temperature was slow to rise, and that delayed the vegetative development of the vines. This was only partly compensated by the warm and sunny start to the summer, while the weather in July and August was very varied. The grape harvest accordingly began relatively late, on September 9. The wet September was an organizational problem for our wine growers, but ultimately a very good harvest was completed on October 26.
– bright, golden yellow
– intense aromas of rose blossoms, lychee, and pineapple
– full-bodied and creamy at first impression, unfolds its wide spectrum of fruit nuances on the palate, with a long, lingering, aromatic finish
This wine pairs well with fish appetizers, paté, gooseliver, and can also play a starring role as an aperitif or dessert wine.
Destemming of late-harvested, but still perfectly sound grapes; 12-hour cold maceration, after which the grapes were pressed and underwent natural clarification; fermentation at a controlled temperature of 18-20 °C; three-month ageing on the fine lees in stainless steel.
South- and east-sloping vineyards at an altitude of 300 – 450 meters above sea level. Loamy, chalky gravel, heat-retaining and well-drained soils.
- Sakura Japan Women's Wine Awards - 2015: Gold, 2020: Silver
- Wine & Spirits - 2013: Best Buy
- Japan Wine Challange - 2015: Gold, 2020: Gold