* *Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
* Prices incl. VAT, customs duties and handling charges plus shipping costs
Ready to ship
- Varietal(s): Pinot Grigio
- Age of vines: 10 – 15 years
- Temperature: 10 – 12 °C
- Age-ability: 2021 – 2026
- Yield: 50 hl/ha
- Vine training: Wire-trained
- Alcohol: 13,5 %
- Residual sugar: 2,5 g/l
- Tot. Acidity: 5,8 g/l
- Contains sulphites
Pinot Grigio (also known as Ruländer) is the most widely cultivated white wine variety in Alto Adige. The combination of warm climate and cool nights in the ripening phase produces wines with a good structure and pleasant freshness.
A relatively milde winter was followed by a dry March and a dry and warm April, and flowering set in somewhat earlier than usual. There were no long heatwaves in the summer. In spite of this, the head start in the vegetation cycle became shorter and shorter up to the harvest, and the first grapes were harvested at the beginning of September, with the last load reaching the winery on October 9. The white wines of the 2020 vintage present with an appealing acidity; the reds are impressive for their elegance and finesse.
– light straw-yellow
– ripe pear, hazelnut, honeydew melon and a hint of vanilla on the nose
– the wine is round and smooth on the palate with light undertones of wood on the finish
This wine is an excellent accompaniment to mushroom dishes, fish and seafood. It is also recommended as an aperitif wine.
Whole-cluster pressing of ripe and healthy grapes, slow fermentation at a controlled temperature of 18°C (50% big oak barrels) five-month ageing on the fine lees, filtering and bottling in March.
Northeast facing slope at 250 – 300 meters above sea level, a rather breezy vineyard that has a relatively warm micro-climate, despite its altitude; this combination allows a high degree of ripeness without danger of Botrytis. Heavy soils, primarily loamy, weathered chalk.
- Robert Parker - 2015: 90 p., 2019: 92+ p.,
- James Suckling - 2016: 90 p., 2017: 91 p., 2018: 90 p.
- Wine & Spirits - 2011: 91 p.
- Vinous - 2016: 90 p.
- Wine Enthusiast - 2010, 2011, 2012: 90 p.
- Gambero Rosso - 2015: 2 Bicchieri
- Bibenda - 2015: 4 Grappoli
- Falstaff - 2018: 91 p.
- Luca Maroni - 2013, 2019: 90 p.,