Lagrein DOC 2022
* *Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
* Prices incl. VAT, customs duties and handling charges plus shipping costs
Ready to ship
- Varietal(s): Lagrein
- Age of vines: 5 – 25 years
- Temperature: 16 – 18 °C
- Age-ability: 2023 – 2026
- Yield: 70 hl/ha
- Vine training: Wire-trained + Pergola
- Alcohol: 13,0 %
- Residual sugar: 1,5 g/l
- Tot. Acidity: 5,4 g/l
- Contains sulphites
Lagrein is one of the three indigenous varieties in Alto Adige. He is related to the Teroldego and Syrah. Typical for this species are the dark red color and fruity berry flavors that are paired with spicy-resinous notes of chocolate, tobacco and forest floor.
The winter months of 2022 were markedly poor in precipitation. Only April brought significant rain and replenished the groundwater somewhat. May was one of the warmest on record and gave a strong boost to vegetation. The entire summer was marked by drought and was reminiscent of the summers of 2003 and 2015. The ripening of the grapes progressed rapidly and already on August 24 the first grapes were delivered to the winery. As the autumn also brought hardly any precipitation, the grape harvest went smoothly and excellent grapes were harvested. As early as mid-October, the grape harvest came to an end.
– dark, deep red
– ripe fruit aromas of plums and blackberries, notes of chocolate and coffee
– voluminous and powerful; soft, balanced tannins, lingering finish
This wine is best paired with game, darker meats and hard cheeses.
Fermentation on the skins at 28 °C with an extended maceration of ten days, malolactic fermentation followed by a 4-month ageing in concrete cask, large oak casks (75hl) and 15% in barrique.
South- and east-facing slopes around at an altitude of 230 – 350 meters above sea level. Loamy, chalky gravel with a low proportion of sand.
- Wine & Spirits - 2007, 2010, 2012: Best Buy
- Vinibuoni D'Italia - 2010: 3 Sterne