Chardonnay DOC 2022
* *Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
* Prices incl. VAT, customs duties and handling charges plus shipping costs
Ready to ship
- Varietal(s): Chardonnay
- Age of vines: 5 – 30 years
- Temperature: 10 – 12 °C
- Age-ability: 2023 – 2025
- Yield: 70 hl/ha
- Vine training: Wire-trained + Pergola
- Alcohol: 14,0 %
- Residual sugar: 2,5 g/l
- Tot. Acidity: 5,9 g/l
- Contains sulphites
For a long time, no distinction was made between the grape varieties Pinot Bianco and Chardonnay, as the differences are difficult for the eye to detect. Chardonnay has been cultivated in Alto Adige for about 150 years and is now one of the leading white wine varieties.
The winter months of 2022 were markedly poor in precipitation. Only April brought significant rain and replenished the groundwater somewhat. May was one of the warmest on record and gave a strong boost to vegetation. The entire summer was marked by drought and was reminiscent of the summers of 2003 and 2015. The ripening of the grapes progressed rapidly and already on August 24 the first grapes were delivered to the winery. As the autumn also brought hardly any precipitation, the grape harvest went smoothly and excellent grapes were harvested. As early as mid-October, the grape harvest came to an end.
– brilliant yellow
– fruit-dominated aromas of banana and ripe pears - minerally
Our Chardonnay can be enjoyed as an aperitif, or with appetizers and fish.
Whole-cluster pressing of ripe, healthy grapes, fermentation at a temperature of 18°C, 3-month ageing on the fine lees in stainless steel.
Steep, sloping south- and east-facing vineyards at 350 – 450 meters above sea level. Loamy, chalky gravel, heat-retaining and well-drained
- James Suckling - 2021: 91 p.,
- Japan Wine Challenge - 2019: Silver Medal, 2020: GOLD
- Sakura Japan Women's Wine Awards - 2015: Double-Gold, 2020: GOLD
- International Wine Challange - 2013: Silver Medal