Pinot Grigio DOC 2021
* *Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
* Prices incl. VAT, customs duties and handling charges plus shipping costs
Ready to ship
- Varietal(s): Pinot Grigio
- Age of vines: 5 – 30 years
- Temperature: 10 – 12 °C
- Age-ability: 2023 – 2024
- Yield: 70 hl/ha
- Vine training: Wire-trained + Pergola
- Alcohol: 13,5 %
- Residual sugar: 2,5 g/l
- Tot. Acidity: 5,6 g/l
- Contains sulphites
Pinot Grigio (also known as Ruländer) is the most widely cultivated white wine variety in Alto Adige. The combination of warm climate and cool nights in the ripening phase produces wines with a good structure and pleasant freshness.
In many respects 2021 was a demanding and challenging wine growing year. The winter months were mainly sunny but very cold. In spring the temperature was slow to rise, and that delayed the vegetative development of the vines. This was only partly compensated by the warm and sunny start to the summer, while the weather in July and August was very varied. The grape harvest accordingly began relatively late, on September 9. The wet September was an organizational problem for our wine growers, but ultimately a very good harvest was completed on October 26.
– brilliant yellow
– fruit-dominated nose, with overtones of pineapple, banana and ripe pears
– full-bodied with a juicy, voluptuous character, ripe notes of fruit on the finish
This wine pairs perfectly with mushroom dishes, fish and seafood. We also recommend it as an aperitif.
Whole-cluster pressing of ripe and healthy grapes, natural must clarification, fermentation at a controlled temperature of 18-20 °C, 3-month ageing on the fine lees in stainless steel.
Steep, sloping vineyards with southerly and easterly expositions between 300 and 450 meters above sea level. Loamy, chalky gravel, heat-retaining and well-drained soils
- Robert Parker - 2019: 90 p.,
- James Suckling - 2016: 92 points, 2017: 90 points, 2018: 90 p., 2019: 90 p., 2020: 91 p., 2021: 90 p.,
- Japan Wine Challenge - 2019: Trophy - Best White Wine, 2020: SILVER
- Wine Enthusiast - 2010: Best Buy, 2011: Best Buy
- Wine & Spirits -2015: Best Buy
- Sakura Japan Women's Wine Awards - 2015: Silver
- Falstaff - 2018: 90 p.