Pinot Grigio DOC 2022
* *Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
* Prices incl. VAT, customs duties and handling charges plus shipping costs
Ready to ship
- Varietal(s): Pinot Grigio
- Age of vines: 5 – 30 years
- Temperature: 10 – 12 °C
- Age-ability: 2023 – 2024
- Yield: 70 hl/ha
- Vine training: Wire-trained + Pergola
- Alcohol: 13,5 %
- Residual sugar: 2,5 g/l
- Tot. Acidity: 5,6 g/l
- Contains sulphites
Pinot Grigio (also known as Ruländer) is the most widely cultivated white wine variety in Alto Adige. The combination of warm climate and cool nights in the ripening phase produces wines with a good structure and pleasant freshness.
The winter months of 2022 were markedly poor in precipitation. Only April brought significant rain and replenished the groundwater somewhat. May was one of the warmest on record and gave a strong boost to vegetation. The entire summer was marked by drought and was reminiscent of the summers of 2003 and 2015. The ripening of the grapes progressed rapidly and already on August 24 the first grapes were delivered to the winery. As the autumn also brought hardly any precipitation, the grape harvest went smoothly and excellent grapes were harvested. As early as mid-October, the grape harvest came to an end.
– brilliant yellow
– fruit-dominated nose, with overtones of pineapple, banana and ripe pears
– full-bodied with a juicy, voluptuous character, ripe notes of fruit on the finish
This wine pairs perfectly with mushroom dishes, fish and seafood. We also recommend it as an aperitif.
Whole-cluster pressing of ripe and healthy grapes, natural must clarification, fermentation at a controlled temperature of 18-20 °C, 3-month ageing on the fine lees in stainless steel.
Steep, sloping vineyards with southerly and easterly expositions between 300 and 450 meters above sea level. Loamy, chalky gravel, heat-retaining and well-drained soils
- Robert Parker - 2019: 90 p.,
- James Suckling - 2016: 92 points, 2017: 90 points, 2018: 90 p., 2019: 90 p., 2020: 91 p., 2021: 90 p.,
- Japan Wine Challenge - 2019: Trophy - Best White Wine, 2020: SILVER
- Wine Enthusiast - 2010: Best Buy, 2011: Best Buy
- Wine & Spirits -2015: Best Buy
- Sakura Japan Women's Wine Awards - 2015: Silver
- Falstaff - 2018: 90 p.