Sauvignon DOC 2022
* *Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
* Prices incl. VAT, customs duties and handling charges plus shipping costs
Ready to ship
- Varietal(s): Sauvignon Blanc
- Age of vines: 6 – 21 years
- Temperature: 10 – 12 °C
- Age-ability: 2023 – 2026
- Yield: 70 hl hl/ha
- Vine training: Wire-trained + Pergola
- Alcohol: 13,5 %
- Residual sugar: 2,5 g/l
- Tot. Acidity: 6,2 g/l
- Contains sulphites
Sauvignon Blanc was introduced to Alto Adige together with Sémillon at the end of the 19th century and - unlike Sémillon - has since become firmly established in the region.
The winter months of 2022 were markedly poor in precipitation. Only April brought significant rain and replenished the groundwater somewhat. May was one of the warmest on record and gave a strong boost to vegetation. The entire summer was marked by drought and was reminiscent of the summers of 2003 and 2015. The ripening of the grapes progressed rapidly and already on August 24 the first grapes were delivered to the winery. As the autumn also brought hardly any precipitation, the grape harvest went smoothly and excellent grapes were harvested. As early as mid-October, the grape harvest came to an end.
– light straw yellow
– vibrant freshness of elderberry and gooseberry, hints of exotic fruits
– clear and juicy palate of fruit, then mineral and crisp, the lingering is a dream of a fruit orchard
Spring vegetables like asparagus and artichokes- the Sauvignon citrusy works very well with these two, quite, tricky dishes. Smashing with steamed mussels.
Destemming of late-harvested, but still perfectly sound grapes; 8-hour cold maceration, after which the grapes were pressed and underwent natural clarification; fermentation at a controlled temperature of 16°C; 4-month ageing on the fine lees in stainless steel.
South- and east-sloping vineyards at an altitude of 300 – 450 meters above sea level. Loamy, chalky gravel, heat-retaining and well-drained soils.
- Robert Parker - 2019: 90 p., 2020: 92 p.
- James Suckling - 2016: 91 p., 2017: 90 p., 2020: 92 p., 2021 90 p.,
- Wine Enthusiast - 2019: 91 p. - Editor's Choice,
- Concours Mondial du Sauvignon - 2019: Gold
- Japan Wine Challenge - 2019: Gold Medal, 2020: Gold Medal
- Sakura Japan Women's Wine Awards - 2020: GOLD
- Wine Surf - 2016: Vino Top