* *Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
* Prices incl. VAT, customs duties and handling charges plus shipping costs
Ready to ship
- Varietal(s): Gewürztraminer
- Age of vines: 5 – 25 years
- Temperature: 11 – 13 °C
- Age-ability: 2023 – 2026
- Yield: 60 hl/ha
- Vine training: Wire-trained + Pergola
- Alcohol: 14,5 %
- Residual sugar: 5, g/l
- Tot. Acidity: 4,9 g/l
- Contains sulphites
The name Gewürztraminer derives from Caldaro’s neighboring village Termeno (Tramin in German), where the variety can be traced back in historical documents to the 14th century. Whether the variety really comes from Termeno is questionable, but there is no doubt that it has a very long tradition in Alto Adige and produces excellent wines.
The winter months of 2022 were markedly poor in precipitation. Only April brought significant rain and replenished the groundwater somewhat. May was one of the warmest on record and gave a strong boost to vegetation. The entire summer was marked by drought and was reminiscent of the summers of 2003 and 2015. The ripening of the grapes progressed rapidly and already on August 24 the first grapes were delivered to the winery. As the autumn also brought hardly any precipitation, the grape harvest went smoothly and excellent grapes were harvested. As early as mid-October, the grape harvest came to an end.
– bright, golden yellow
– intense aromas of rose blossoms, lychee, and pineapple
– full-bodied and creamy at first impression, unfolds its wide spectrum of fruit nuances on the palate, with a long, lingering, aromatic finish
This wine pairs well with fish appetizers, paté, gooseliver, and can also play a starring role as an aperitif or dessert wine.
Destemming of late-harvested, but still perfectly sound grapes; 12-hour cold maceration, after which the grapes were pressed and underwent natural clarification; fermentation at a controlled temperature of 18-20 °C; three-month ageing on the fine lees in stainless steel.
South- and east-sloping vineyards at an altitude of 300 – 450 meters above sea level. Loamy, chalky gravel, heat-retaining and well-drained soils.
- Sakura Japan Women's Wine Awards - 2015: Gold, 2020: Silver
- Wine & Spirits - 2013: Best Buy
- Japan Wine Challange - 2015: Gold, 2020: Gold