* *Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
* Prices incl. VAT, customs duties and handling charges plus shipping costs
Ready to ship
- Varietal(s): Schiava
- Age of vines: 30 – 70 years
- Temperature: 13 – 15 °C
- Age-ability: 2021 - 2026
- Yield: 55 hl/ha
- Vine training: Pergola
- Alcohol: 13,0 %
- Residual sugar: 2,0 g/l
- Tot. Acidity: 4,6 g/l
- Contains sulphites
A relatively milde winter was followed by a dry March and a dry and warm April, and flowering set in somewhat earlier than usual. There were no long heatwaves in the summer. In spite of this, the head start in the vegetation cycle became shorter and shorter up to the harvest, and the first grapes were harvested at the beginning of September, with the last load reaching the winery on October 9. The white wines of the 2020 vintage present with an appealing acidity; the reds are impressive for their elegance and finesse.
– brilliant, deep ruby red
– fruit dominant nose reminiscent of cherry, raspberry, and strawberry, with a hint of bitter almonds
– full, soft structure, pleasant, elegant tyearsns give the wine length, finishes with a lingering echo of ripe fruit
This wine is ideal as an aperitif, an accompaniment to appetizers, or to typical Tyrolean fare such as speck and sausage, but also to lighter meats and mild cheeses.
Fermentation on the skins at a temperature of 25 °C, 10 days extended maceration, malo-lactic fermentation and a six-month aging on the fine lees in cement tanks and large casks.
Selected vineyards at St. Josef with old vines and south exposition at 230 – 500 meters above sea level. Heat absorbing, loamy, chalky gravel.
- Robert Parker - 2018: 90+ p.
- Vinous - 2017: 91 p., 2018: 94 p., 2019: 92 p.
- Gambero Rosso - 2017: 3 Bicchieri + Premio Speciale - Miglior Rapporto Qualità/Prezzo, 2018 + 2019: 2 Bicchieri Rossi
- Slow Wine - 2019: VINO TOP
- Doctor Wine - 2017: 92 p., 2018: 91 p.
- Bibenda - 2017: Grappoli, 2018: 4 Grappoli, 2019: 4 Grappoli
- I Vini di Veronelli - 2018: 90 p.
- Vitae - 2018: 3,5 Viti, 2019: 3 Viti
- Luca Maroni - 2017: 91 p., 2019: 93 p.,
- Falstaff - 2017: 91 p., 2018: 91 p.,
- Winecritic - 2018: 93 p.