* *Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
* Prices incl. VAT, customs duties and handling charges plus shipping costs
Ready to ship
- Varietal(s): Pinot Bianco
- Age of vines: 15 – 30 years
- Temperature: 10 – 12 °C
- Age-ability: 2021 – 2032
- Yield: 45 hl/ha
- Vine training: Wire-trained
- Alcohol: 14,0 %
- Residual sugar: 1,5 g/l
- Tot. Acidity: 6,5 g/l
- Contains sulphites
The weather conditions made 2019 a challenging year for our winegrowers. A relatively mild winter and early spring were followed by a wet and cool April and May. After the flowering of the vines, which was not until June, the weather changed and it became hot and dry. In late summer, some rain and below-average temperatures delayed the ripening of the grapes. Harvesting the healthy grapes began in early September and continued until the end of October.
– bright golden yellow with hints of green
– multifaceted bouquet with crisp fruit notes and herby nuaces; fresh yellow apple, honeydew melon, dried camomile and fine graphite notes
– harmonious on the palate with salty finish, creamy texture and crispy acidity; powerful and elegant finish
This wine pairs well with fish soup, herbs risotto, fried fish but also with grilled poultry.
Extremely prolonged pressing of the grapes in their entirety, spontaneous fermentation of the unfiltered juice in the large casks (500 l), 10 months maturing in the wood on fine lees with bâtonnage.
The vineyards lie in St. Nikolaus at 550-600 m a.s.l. facing East; the soil is mostly limestone with glacial fans and Dolomite‘rock slabs. The terrain is loose and well aerated and it ranges from neutral to alkaline.
- Robert Parker - 2016: 94 p., 2017: 93 p., 2018: 95+ p.
- James Suckling - 2016: 93 p., 2017: 93 p.
- Wine Enthusiast - 2018: 90 p.,
- Vinous - 2016: 91 p., 2017: 93 p.
- Gambero Rosso - 2016: 2 Bicchieri Rossi, 2017: 3 Bicchieri, 2018: 2 Bicchieri Rossi
- Doctor Wine - 2016: 91 p.
- Slow Wine - 2016: Grande Vino
- Bibenda - 2016: 5 Grappoli, 2017: 4 Grappoli, 2018: 4 Grappoli
- I Vini di Veronelli - 2016: 90 p., 2017: 92 p., 2018: 92 p.
- Gardini Notes - 2018: 94 p.
- Luca Maroni - 2016: 90 p., 2017: 91 p., 2018: 92 p.
- Falstaff - 2016: 92 p., 2017: 94 p., 2018: 92 p.