* *Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
* Prices incl. VAT, customs duties and handling charges plus shipping costs
Ready to ship
- Varietal(s): Schiava
- Age of vines: 20 – 50 years
- Temperature: 13 – 15 °C
- Age-ability: 2021 – 2023
- Yield: 80 hl/ha
- Vine training: Pergel
- Alcohol: 13,0 %
- Residual sugar: 2,0 g/l
- Tot. Acidity: 4,5 g/l
- Contains sulphites
In many respects 2021 was a demanding and challenging wine growing year. The winter months were mainly sunny but very cold. In spring the temperature was slow to rise, and that delayed the vegetative development of the vines. This was only partly compensated by the warm and sunny start to the summer, while the weather in July and August was very varied. The grape harvest accordingly began relatively late, on September 9. The wet September was an organizational problem for our wine growers, but ultimately a very good harvest was completed on October 26.
– brilliant, cherry red hue
– flowery and fruity tones, violets and red berries
– very juicy and full, round soft finish with a dubdued undertone of bitter almonds
This wine is ideal as an aperitif, an accompaniment to appetizers, or to typical Tyrolean fare such as speck and sausage, but also to lighter meats and mild cheeses.
A one week fermentation on the skins with a controlled temperature of 24 °C, malo-lactic fermentation and a four month aging on the fine lees in stainless steel and large casks.
Loamy, sandy, chalky gravel, warm lake influenced microclimates
- Gambero Rosso - 2012, 2014: 3 Bicchieri, 2015: 2 Bicchieri
- James Suckling - 2021: 90 p.
- Doctor Wine - 2016: 91 p.
- Slow Wine - 2015: Preis-Leistungs-Auszeichnung "Vino quotidiano"
- Berebene del Gambero Rosso - 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016: Oscar Qualität/Preis
- Vini Buoni d'Italia - 2012: Golden Star, 2019: Corona
- Vernatsch Cup - 2011, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2020: Vernatsch des Jahres
- Dolomiten Vernatsch Cup - Vernatsch des Jahres