Leuchtenberg Kalterersee Classico Superiore DOC 2022
* *Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
* Prices incl. VAT, customs duties and handling charges plus shipping costs
Ready to ship
- Varietal(s): Schiava
- Age of vines: 20 – 50 years
- Temperature: 13 – 15 °C
- Age-ability: 2022 – 2024
- Yield: 80 hl/ha
- Vine training: Pergel
- Alcohol: 13,0 %
- Residual sugar: 2,0 g/l
- Tot. Acidity: 5,1 g/l
- Contains sulphites
The winter months of 2022 were markedly poor in precipitation. Only April brought significant rain and replenished the groundwater somewhat. May was one of the warmest on record and gave a strong boost to vegetation. The entire summer was marked by drought and was reminiscent of the summers of 2003 and 2015. The ripening of the grapes progressed rapidly and already on August 24 the first grapes were delivered to the winery. As the autumn also brought hardly any precipitation, the grape harvest went smoothly and excellent grapes were harvested. As early as mid-October, the grape harvest came to an end.
– brilliant, cherry red hue
– flowery and fruity tones, violets and red berries
– very juicy and full, round soft finish with a dubdued undertone of bitter almonds
This wine is ideal as an aperitif, an accompaniment to appetizers, or to typical Tyrolean fare such as speck and sausage, but also to lighter meats and mild cheeses.
A one week fermentation on the skins with a controlled temperature of 24 °C, malo-lactic fermentation and a four month aging on the fine lees in stainless steel and large casks.
Loamy, sandy, chalky gravel, warm lake influenced microclimates
- Gambero Rosso - 2012, 2014: 3 Bicchieri, 2015: 2 Bicchieri
- James Suckling - 2021: 90 p.
- Doctor Wine - 2016: 91 p.
- Slow Wine - 2015: Preis-Leistungs-Auszeichnung "Vino quotidiano"
- Berebene del Gambero Rosso - 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016: Oscar Qualität/Preis
- Vini Buoni d'Italia - 2012: Golden Star, 2019: Corona
- Vernatsch Cup - 2011, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2020: Vernatsch des Jahres
- Dolomiten Vernatsch Cup - Vernatsch des Jahres