* *Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
* Prices incl. VAT, customs duties and handling charges plus shipping costs
Ready to ship
- Varietal(s): Lagrein
- Age of vines: 10 – 20 years
- Temperature: 16 – 18 °C
- Age-ability: 2022 – 2027
- Yield: 60 hl/ha
- Vine training: Wire-trained
- Alcohol: 13,5 %
- Residual sugar: 1,5 g/l
- Tot. Acidity: 5,5 g/l
- Contains sulphites
In many respects 2021 was a demanding and challenging wine growing year. The winter months were mainly sunny but very cold. In spring the temperature was slow to rise, and that delayed the vegetative development of the vines. This was only partly compensated by the warm and sunny start to the summer, while the weather in July and August was very varied. The grape harvest accordingly began relatively late, on September 9. The wet September was an organizational problem for our wine growers, but ultimately a very good harvest was completed on October 26.
– dark violet-ruby
– fine, elegant fruit on the nose, reminiscent of ripe berries, bramble and cocoa, woodsy undertones
– dense and creamy on the palate, finely structured tannin with a long finish
This wine pairs well with game, roasts, dark meats and hard cheeses.
Fermentation on the skins with an extended maceration of two weeks at 28 °C, malo-lactic fermentation in barrique, followed by a 12-month ageing (1/3 new oak) ligth filtration and bottling in April.
Gently sloping vineyard with east to southeast exposition at 230 – 260 meters above sea level, on loamy, sandy, weathered chalk soil.
- James Suckling - 2016: 90 p., 2019: 91 p., 2020: 91 p.
- Robert Parker - 2018: 92p.
- Gambero Rosso - 2011: 2 Bicchieri
- I Vini di Veronelli - 2016: 93 p., 2017: 91 p.,
- Bibenda - 2016: 4 Grappoli, 2017: 4 Grappoli,
- Vinibuoni d'Italia - 2014: 4 Stelle, 2016: Golden Star; 2020: 4 Stelle
- Vinum - 2018 90 p.