* *Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
* Prices incl. VAT, customs duties and handling charges plus shipping costs
Ready to ship
- Varietal(s): Chardonnay, Pinot Nero
- Age of vines: 34 years
- Temperature: 6 – 8 °C
- Age-ability: 2022 – 2026
- Yield: 75 hl/ha
- Vine training: Wire-trained
- Alcohol: 12,5 %
- Residual sugar: 1,5 g/l
- Tot. Acidity: 6,5 g/l
- Contains sulphites
After an unusually dry winter and early appearance of the new shoots, at the end of April we had a period of frost but fortunately we got off lightly. At the beginning of May the first grape blossoms started to open. Following a wet July accompanied by thunderstorms, some with local hailstorms, the vines made fast progress towards the final ripening stage. The harvest began very early at the finishing of August and after about one month it finished at the beginning of October.
– Golden yellow tone with slight rosé reflections
– fine and persistent perlage, thanks to the long time on the lees
– white flowers memories, bread crust and crunchy yellow fruit, definite smell and lively minerality
– bright and rapturous acidity and creamy finish
“I drink […] when I‘m happy and when I‘m sad. Sometimes I drink it when I‘m alone. When I have company I consider it obligatory. I trifle with it if I‘m not hungry and drink it when I am. Otherwise, I never touch it, unless I‘m thirsty.” (Lily Bollinger)
Soft pressing of the whole bunch and forced separation of the free-run must. Temperature-controlled fermentation: 70% in steel’s tank, 30% in tonneaux. Tirage made in June, 2017, second fermentation and bottle aging sur lies for 48 months. Degorgement zero dosage.
The grapes are selected from the vineyards lying at 600 m a.s.l. and facing East, at the foot of the Passo della Mendola. The soil is Dolomitic limestone.
- Robert Parker - 2012: 92 p., 2013: 92 p.
- James Suckling - 2013: 90 p., 2016: 90 p.,
- Falstaff - 2013: 91 p.
- Autochtona Awards - 2016: AAAAA - vino eccellente