* *Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
* Prices incl. VAT, customs duties and handling charges plus shipping costs
The article will be available soon
- Varietal(s): Pinot Grigio
- Age of vines: 10 – 15 years
- Temperature: 10 – 12 °C
- Age-ability: 2022 – 2027
- Yield: 50 hl/ha
- Vine training: Wire-trained
- Alcohol: 14,0 %
- Residual sugar: 2,5 g/l
- Tot. Acidity: 6,0 g/l
- Contains sulphites
Pinot Grigio (also known as Ruländer) is the most widely cultivated white wine variety in Alto Adige. The combination of warm climate and cool nights in the ripening phase produces wines with a good structure and pleasant freshness.
The winter months were mainly sunny but very cold. In spring the temperature was slow to rise, and that delayed the vegetative development of the vines. This was only partly compensated by the warm and sunny start to the summer, while the weather in July and August was very varied. The grape harvest accordingly began relatively late, on September 9. The wet September was an organizational problem for our wine growers, but ultimately a very good harvest was completed on October 26.
– light straw-yellow
– ripe pear, hazelnut, honeydew melon and a hint of vanilla on the nose
– the wine is round and smooth on the palate with light undertones of wood on the finish
This wine is an excellent accompaniment to mushroom dishes, fish and seafood. It is also recommended as an aperitif wine.
Whole-cluster pressing of ripe and healthy grapes, slow fermentation at a controlled temperature of 18°C (50% big oak barrels) five-month ageing on the fine lees, filtering and bottling in March.
Northeast facing slope at 250 – 300 meters above sea level, a rather breezy vineyard that has a relatively warm micro-climate, despite its altitude; this combination allows a high degree of ripeness without danger of Botrytis. Heavy soils, primarily loamy, weathered chalk.
- Robert Parker - 2015: 90 p., 2019: 92+ p., 2020: 91 p.,
- James Suckling - 2016: 90 p., 2017: 91 p., 2018: 90 p., 2019: 91 p., 2020: 91 p., 2021: 91p.
- Wine & Spirits - 2011: 91 p.
- Vinous - 2016: 90 p.
- Wine Enthusiast - 2010, 2011, 2012: 90 p.
- Gambero Rosso - 2015: 2 Bicchieri
- Bibenda - 2015: 4 Grappoli
- Falstaff - 2018: 91 p., 2020: 90 p.,
- Luca Maroni - 2013, 2019: 90 p., 2020 94 p.,
- Winecritic - 91 p.,
- Selection Genussmagazin - 2019: **** ausgezeichnet,