Soll Pinot Grigio DOC 2022
* *Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
* Prices incl. VAT, customs duties and handling charges plus shipping costs
Ready to ship
- Varietal(s): Pinot Grigio
- Age of vines: 10 – 15 years
- Temperature: 10 – 12 °C
- Age-ability: 2023 – 2028
- Yield: 50 hl/ha
- Vine training: Wire-trained
- Alcohol: 14,0 %
- Residual sugar: 2,5 g/l
- Tot. Acidity: 5,9 g/l
- Contains sulphites
Pinot Grigio (also known as Ruländer) is the most widely cultivated white wine variety in Alto Adige. The combination of warm climate and cool nights in the ripening phase produces wines with a good structure and pleasant freshness.
The winter months of 2022 were markedly poor in precipitation. Only April brought significant rain and replenished the groundwater somewhat. May was one of the warmest on record and gave a strong boost to vegetation. The entire summer was marked by drought and was reminiscent of the summers of 2003 and 2015. The ripening of the grapes progressed rapidly and already on August 24 the first grapes were delivered to the winery. As the autumn also brought hardly any precipitation, the grape harvest went smoothly and excellent grapes were harvested. As early as mid-October, the grape harvest came to an end.
– light straw-yellow
– ripe pear, hazelnut, honeydew melon and a hint of vanilla on the nose
– the wine is round and smooth on the palate with light undertones of wood on the finish
This wine is an excellent accompaniment to mushroom dishes, fish and seafood. It is also recommended as an aperitif wine.
Whole-cluster pressing of ripe and healthy grapes, slow fermentation at a controlled temperature of 18°C (50% big oak barrels) five-month ageing on the fine lees, filtering and bottling in March.
Northeast facing slope at 250 – 300 meters above sea level, a rather breezy vineyard that has a relatively warm micro-climate, despite its altitude; this combination allows a high degree of ripeness without danger of Botrytis. Heavy soils, primarily loamy, weathered chalk.
- Robert Parker - 2015: 90 p., 2019: 92+ p., 2020: 91 p.,
- James Suckling - 2016: 90 p., 2017: 91 p., 2018: 90 p., 2019: 91 p., 2020: 91 p., 2021: 91p.
- Wine & Spirits - 2011: 91 p.
- Vinous - 2016: 90 p.
- Wine Enthusiast - 2010, 2011, 2012: 90 p.
- Gambero Rosso - 2015: 2 Bicchieri
- Bibenda - 2015: 4 Grappoli
- Falstaff - 2018: 91 p., 2020: 90 p.,
- Luca Maroni - 2013, 2019: 90 p., 2020 94 p.,
- Winecritic - 91 p.,
- Selection Genussmagazin - 2019: **** ausgezeichnet,