* *Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
* Prices incl. VAT, customs duties and handling charges plus shipping costs
Ready to ship
- Varietal(s): Chardonnay
- Age of vines: 10 – 20 years
- Temperature: 10 – 12 °C
- Age-ability: 2021 – 2026
- Yield: 60 hl/ha
- Vine training: Wire-trained
- Alcohol: 13,5 %
- Residual sugar: 3,0 g/l
- Tot. Acidity: 6,2 g/l
- Contains sulphites
For a long time, no distinction was made between the grape varieties Pinot Bianco and Chardonnay, as the differences are difficult for the eye to detect. Chardonnay has been cultivated in Alto Adige for about 150 years and is now one of the leading white wine varieties.
A relatively milde winter was followed by a dry March and a dry and warm April, and flowering set in somewhat earlier than usual. There were no long heatwaves in the summer. In spite of this, the head start in the vegetation cycle became shorter and shorter up to the harvest, and the first grapes were harvested at the beginning of September, with the last load reaching the winery on October 9. The white wines of the 2020 vintage present with an appealing acidity; the reds are impressive for their elegance and finesse.
– brilliant straw-yellow
– full of tropical fruit aromas, especially pineapple and banana, just a hint of oak, with vanilla and butter rounding off this expressive nose
– full-bodied and balanced on the palate, long lingering finish with echoes of ripe fruit
This wine is perfect as an aperitif, or enjoyed with appetizers and fish.
Whole-cluster pressing of ripe, healthy grapes, followed by a 10 to 18-hour cold maceration and natural clarification, slow fermentation at a controlled temperature of 18 °C, 5-month ageing on the fine lees (50% in the large casks and big wooden barrels), filtering and bottling in March.
South- and east-sloping vineyard between 350 and 450 meters above sea level. Very windy site, well-ventilated and therefore predestined for a later harvest; loamy, sandy, chalky gravel.
- Robert Parker - 2017: 92 p., 2019: 93+ p., 2020: 93 p.,
- James Suckling - 2019: 90 p., 2020: 91 p., 2021: 90 p.,
- Gambero Rosso - 2014: 2 Bicchieri
- Bibenda - 2015: 4 Grappoli
- I Vini di Veronelli - 2015: 90 p.
- Luca Maroni - 2014: 90 p., 2019: 93 p., 2020: 94 p.,