* *Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
* Prices incl. VAT, customs duties and handling charges plus shipping costs
Ready to ship
- Varietal(s): Chardonnay
- Age of vines: 10 – 20 years
- Temperature: 10 – 12 °C
- Age-ability: 2023 – 2028
- Yield: 60 hl/ha
- Vine training: Wire-trained
- Alcohol: 13,5 %
- Residual sugar: 3,0 g/l
- Tot. Acidity: 5,5 g/l
- Contains sulphites
For a long time, no distinction was made between the grape varieties Pinot Bianco and Chardonnay, as the differences are difficult for the eye to detect. Chardonnay has been cultivated in Alto Adige for about 150 years and is now one of the leading white wine varieties.
The winter months of 2022 were markedly poor in precipitation. Only April brought significant rain and replenished the groundwater somewhat. May was one of the warmest on record and gave a strong boost to vegetation. The entire summer was marked by drought and was reminiscent of the summers of 2003 and 2015. The ripening of the grapes progressed rapidly and already on August 24 the first grapes were delivered to the winery. As the autumn also brought hardly any precipitation, the grape harvest went smoothly and excellent grapes were harvested. As early as mid-October, the grape harvest came to an end.
– brilliant straw-yellow
– full of tropical fruit aromas, especially pineapple and banana, just a hint of oak, with vanilla and butter rounding off this expressive nose
– full-bodied and balanced on the palate, long lingering finish with echoes of ripe fruit
This wine is perfect as an aperitif, or enjoyed with appetizers and fish.
Whole-cluster pressing of ripe, healthy grapes, followed by a 10 to 18-hour cold maceration and natural clarification, slow fermentation at a controlled temperature of 18 °C, 5-month ageing on the fine lees (50% in the large casks and big wooden barrels), filtering and bottling in March.
South- and east-sloping vineyard between 350 and 450 meters above sea level. Very windy site, well-ventilated and therefore predestined for a later harvest; loamy, sandy, chalky gravel.
- Robert Parker - 2017: 92 p., 2019: 93+ p., 2020: 93 p.,
- James Suckling - 2019: 90 p., 2020: 91 p., 2021: 90 p.,
- Gambero Rosso - 2014: 2 Bicchieri
- Bibenda - 2015: 4 Grappoli
- I Vini di Veronelli - 2015: 90 p.
- Luca Maroni - 2014: 90 p., 2019: 93 p., 2020: 94 p.,