* *Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
* Prices incl. VAT, customs duties and handling charges plus shipping costs
Ready to ship
- Varietal(s): Sauvignon Blanc
- Age of vines: 10 – 20 years
- Temperature: 10 – 12 °C
- Age-ability: 2022 – 2027
- Yield: 60 hl/ha
- Vine training: Wire-trained
- Alcohol: 14,0 %
- Residual sugar: 2,0 g/l
- Tot. Acidity: 6,4 g/l
- Contains sulphites
Sauvignon Blanc was introduced to Alto Adige together with Sémillon at the end of the 19th century and - unlike Sémillon - has since become firmly established in the region.
A relatively milde winter was followed by a dry March and a dry and warm April, and flowering set in somewhat earlier than usual. There were no long heatwaves in the summer. In spite of this, the head start in the vegetation cycle became shorter and shorter up to the harvest, and the first grapes were harvested at the beginning of September, with the last load reaching the winery on October 9. The white wines of the 2020 vintage present with an appealing acidity; the reds are impressive for their elegance and finesse.
– light, straw-yellow
– elderberry, cassis and exotic fruit on the nose, with subtle gooseberry overtones
– fruit also present on the palate, sweet – sour, good length with a fruit-dominated finish
This wine pairs well with light appetizers, fish dishes and also as an aperitif.
Destemming of ripe and perfectly healthy grapes, ten to eighteen hour cold maceration before pressing, natural must clarification, and a slow, controlled fermentation at 16 °C (20% in big barrels), five-month ageing on the fine lees, followed by filtration and bottling in March.
Vineyard sloping to the southeast at 450 – 500 meters above sea leve, situated on sunny slopes and provide cool nights during the ripening period, which helps to build fresh aromas and maintain a refreshing acidity. Sandy, loamy conglomerate soil on bedrock (porphyry and granite.
- Robert Parker - 2015: 91 p., 2017: 90+ p., 2018: 91 p., 2020: 92 p.,
- James Suckling - 2016: 91 p., 2017: 92 p., 2019: 91 p., 2020: 92 p., 2021: 91p.
- Wine Enthusiast - 2018: 91 p.,
- Vinous - 2012: 90 p., 2019: 90 p.,
- Gambero Rosso - 2010-2015: 2 Bicchieri; 2016: 2 Bicchieri rossi
- Bibenda - 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018: 4 Grappoli, 2019: 4 Grappoli, 2020: 4 Grappoli
- Doctor Wine - 2014 91 p., 2015: 93 p., 2016: 92 p.
- I Vini di Veronelli - 2015: 90 p.
- The Italian Wine Competition - 2019: Silver
- Luca Maroni - 2015, 2016: 93 p., 2017: 92 p., 2019: 94 p., 2020: 94 p., 2021: 95p.
- Fallstaff - 2019: 90 p.,
- The Wine Journal - Eros Teboni - 2020: 93 p.,