* *Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
* Prices incl. VAT, customs duties and handling charges plus shipping costs
Ready to ship
- Varietal(s): Sauvignon Blanc
- Age of vines: 10 – 20 years
- Temperature: 10 – 12 °C
- Age-ability: 2023 – 2028
- Yield: 60 hl/ha
- Vine training: Wire-trained
- Alcohol: 14,0 %
- Residual sugar: 2,0 g/l
- Tot. Acidity: 6,1 g/l
- Contains sulphites
Sauvignon Blanc was introduced to Alto Adige together with Sémillon at the end of the 19th century and - unlike Sémillon - has since become firmly established in the region.
The winter months of 2022 were markedly poor in precipitation. Only April brought significant rain and replenished the groundwater somewhat. May was one of the warmest on record and gave a strong boost to vegetation. The entire summer was marked by drought and was reminiscent of the summers of 2003 and 2015. The ripening of the grapes progressed rapidly and already on August 24 the first grapes were delivered to the winery. As the autumn also brought hardly any precipitation, the grape harvest went smoothly and excellent grapes were harvested. As early as mid-October, the grape harvest came to an end.
– light, straw-yellow
– elderberry, cassis and exotic fruit on the nose, with subtle gooseberry overtones
– fruit also present on the palate, sweet – sour, good length with a fruit-dominated finish
This wine pairs well with light appetizers, fish dishes and also as an aperitif.
Destemming of ripe and perfectly healthy grapes, ten to eighteen hour cold maceration before pressing, natural must clarification, and a slow, controlled fermentation at 16 °C (20% in big barrels), five-month ageing on the fine lees, followed by filtration and bottling in March.
Vineyard sloping to the southeast at 450 – 500 meters above sea leve, situated on sunny slopes and provide cool nights during the ripening period, which helps to build fresh aromas and maintain a refreshing acidity. Sandy, loamy conglomerate soil on bedrock (porphyry and granite.
- Robert Parker - 2015: 91 p., 2017: 90+ p., 2018: 91 p., 2020: 92 p., 2021: 93 p.,
- James Suckling - 2016: 91 p., 2017: 92 p., 2019: 91 p., 2020: 92 p., 2021: 91p.
- Wine Enthusiast - 2018: 91 p.,
- Vinous - 2012: 90 p., 2019: 90 p.,
- Gambero Rosso - 2010-2015: 2 Bicchieri; 2016: 2 Bicchieri rossi
- Bibenda - 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018: 4 Grappoli, 2019: 4 Grappoli, 2020: 4 Grappoli
- Doctor Wine - 2014 91 p., 2015: 93 p., 2016: 92 p.
- I Vini di Veronelli - 2015: 90 p.
- The Italian Wine Competition - 2019: Silver
- Luca Maroni - 2015, 2016: 93 p., 2017: 92 p., 2019: 94 p., 2020: 94 p., 2021: 95p.
- Falstaff - 2019: 90 p., 2021: 93 p.,
- The Wine Journal - Eros Teboni - 2020: 93 p.,