* *Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
* Prices incl. VAT, customs duties and handling charges plus shipping costs
Ready to ship
- Varietal(s): Gewürztraminer
- Age of vines: 10 – 25 years
- Temperature: 11 – 13 °C
- Age-ability: 2022 – 2027
- Yield: 40 hl/ha
- Vine training: Wire-trained
- Alcohol: 14,5 %
- Residual sugar: 7,5 g/l
- Tot. Acidity: 5,6 g/l
- Contains sulphites
The name Gewürztraminer derives from Caldaro’s neighboring village Termeno (Tramin in German), where the variety can be traced back in historical documents to the 14th century. Whether the variety really comes from Termeno is questionable, but there is no doubt that it has a very long tradition in Alto Adige and produces excellent wines.
The winter months were mainly sunny but very cold. In spring the temperature was slow to rise, and that delayed the vegetative development of the vines. This was only partly compensated by the warm and sunny start to the summer, while the weather in July and August was very varied. The grape harvest accordingly began relatively late, on September 9. The wet September was an organizational problem for our wine growers, but ultimately a very good harvest was completed on October 26.
– light, golden yellow
– intense nose, rose blossoms, lychee, cloves, cinnamon, a hint of sage, complex and multi-faceted
– dense volume on the palate, very clean and direct, tropical fruit on the lingering finish
This wine pairs well with light appetizers, fish dishes and also as an aperitif.
Destemming of late-harvested, but still perfectly sound grapes; 12 hour cold maceration, after which the grapes were pressed, underwent natural clarification; slow fermentation at a controlled temperature of 18° C; five-month aging on the fine lees, filtration and bottling in March.
Sloping vineyard with a southerly exposure at 450 – 500 meters above sea level. Loamy, chalky gravel with eroded porphyry.
- Robert Parker - 2018: 91 p., 2020: 91p.
- James Suckling - 2018: 91 p. 2020: 91p.
- Wine & Spirits - 2013: 92 p.
- Gambero Rosso - 2013: 2 Bicchieri
- I Vini di Veronelli - 2011: Super 3 Stelle, 2017: 91 p., 2018: 92 p., 2019: 91 p.,
- Bibenda - 2012, 2017, 2018: 4 Grappoli, 2020: 4 Grappoli,
- Vinibuoni d'Italia - 2012: 4 Stelle
- Luca Maroni - 2012: 90 p., 2017: 93 p., 2018: 96 p., 2019: 96 p., 2020: 96p.