* *Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
* Prices incl. VAT, customs duties and handling charges plus shipping costs
Ready to ship
- Varietal(s): Gewürztraminer
- Age of vines: 10 – 25 years
- Temperature: 11 – 13 °C
- Age-ability: 2023 – 2028
- Yield: 40 hl/ha
- Vine training: Wire-trained
- Alcohol: 15,0 %
- Residual sugar: 5,7 g/l
- Tot. Acidity: 5,3 g/l
- Contains sulphites
The name Gewürztraminer derives from Caldaro’s neighboring village Termeno (Tramin in German), where the variety can be traced back in historical documents to the 14th century. Whether the variety really comes from Termeno is questionable, but there is no doubt that it has a very long tradition in Alto Adige and produces excellent wines.
The winter months of 2022 were markedly poor in precipitation. Only April brought significant rain and replenished the groundwater somewhat. May was one of the warmest on record and gave a strong boost to vegetation. The entire summer was marked by drought and was reminiscent of the summers of 2003 and 2015. The ripening of the grapes progressed rapidly and already on August 24 the first grapes were delivered to the winery. As the autumn also brought hardly any precipitation, the grape harvest went smoothly and excellent grapes were harvested. As early as mid-October, the grape harvest came to an end.
– light, golden yellow
– intense nose, rose blossoms, lychee, cloves, cinnamon, a hint of sage, complex and multi-faceted
– dense volume on the palate, very clean and direct, tropical fruit on the lingering finish
This wine pairs well with light appetizers, fish dishes and also as an aperitif.
Destemming of late-harvested, but still perfectly sound grapes; 12 hour cold maceration, after which the grapes were pressed, underwent natural clarification; slow fermentation at a controlled temperature of 18° C; five-month aging on the fine lees, filtration and bottling in March.
Sloping vineyard with a southerly exposure at 450 – 500 meters above sea level. Loamy, chalky gravel with eroded porphyry.
- Robert Parker - 2018: 91 p., 2020: 91p.
- James Suckling - 2018: 91 p. 2020: 91p., 2021: 92 p.,
- Wine & Spirits - 2013: 92 p.
- Gambero Rosso - 2013: 2 Bicchieri
- I Vini di Veronelli - 2011: Super 3 Stelle, 2017: 91 p., 2018: 92 p., 2019: 91 p., 2021: 92 p.,
- Bibenda - 2012, 2017, 2018: 4 Grappoli, 2020: 4 Grappoli,
- Vini buoni d'Italia - 2012: 4 Stelle, 2021: 4 Stelle
- Luca Maroni - 2012: 90 p., 2017: 93 p., 2018: 96 p., 2019: 96 p., 2020: 96p., 2021: 96p.